Celebrating Netflix’s THE PUNISHER with my 1/6 kitbash from 2006!


With the premiere of THE PUNISHER on Netflix (on November 17th), I’d gone and dug out my kitbashed interpretation of uber-violent vigilante “Frank Castle” in 1/6th-scale, with this figure done and posted circa 2006 on TOYSREVIL16 and onesixthwarriors.com - over a decade ago!

(*I wished I’d still have the hi-res photos of these tho … meanwhile, I’ve also posted them on the TOYSREVIL16 Facebook ;P)


I’d used a Hot Toys muscled body (from the “early days” of HT’s pre-Hollywood-license military/PMC-releases, most likely), with it’s upper torso stuck on with red colored sticker (cut in strips ala “cuts”), while togged up in a skull-print on a tee (closest I’d get to The Punisher’s skull without painting anything lol), with a pair of yummy jeans (bought loose from a possible Brothersfree figure?). Complete with molded pouches, and weapons from mixed toy brands.

Can’t remember WHOM the gloves were from, but I used small cable-ties at the end. I love having multiple-“straps” (Thanks Jim Lee’s X-Men!).


I seriously cannot remember the headsculpt underneath the gas mask tho, but I remembered adding cut-up plastic “shards” to simulate a broken eye-screen. Background props were make-shift, and “bullet shell casings” were bought from a hobby store, most probably used to make arts-n-craft bracelets and necklaces LOL


Oh man, I really, truly miss kitbashing 1/6th … and am gagging to go back into the hobby again soon … as soon as I clear up my toy-situation in TOYSREVIL HQ ... Meanwhile, I might well be binging on the 13-episodes of the Jon Bernthal-starring TV series from Marvel, so not too much weekend bloggery ahead on TOYSREVIL, I’m afraid! :)

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL
(P/S: I used to actively post on toy-forums as “ONESIXX” :p)


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK